A Sneak Preview of an Upcoming Collection

My Favorite Piece!
Planning a new collection of jewelry for the holidays takes time, thought, and experimentation!  I'm sharing some of the process.  The story goes something like this.  The owner of Prescott's Salon 3 asked if I might be interested in creatinng a holiday collection for the shop.  Of course, I said, " let me see what I come up with"

Holidays = color, shine, texture and surprise

Bits and Pieces
I realized those qualities were appearing in my combinations of patterns and colors.

combinations of color, texture, shine and surprise
 Once I had my combination for the collection, I started making beads and pendants in various shapes.  There is more to do but I wanted to give you a sneak preview!

going to be a necklace

Deep purple and lots of shine!



A little Asian flavor!

Center is Sugilite with metal clay copper ring on polymer background

A view of my work space in the process!
And if you have read this far, please leave a comment and a suggestion for the collection's name!  I'll have a surprise for the best suggestion!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!